America was built on the idea that anything is possible with hard work and a dream. But it doesn’t feel like that today.
In his first two years in office, President Biden has pursued the most extreme elements of an out-of-touch progressive agenda that sees the growth of government as the solution to virtually every problem. Instead of empowering people, they chose to empower bigger government. And for its part, Congress has proven unable – or unwilling – to tackle the toughest problems facing our country. The result is our country is drowning in debt, a New York Post business headline recently reading, “‘Excessive’ Biden budget plan would case national debt to hit nearly $51 trillion by 2033.” Inflation has skyrocketed, and Americans are paying more and getting less — working harder but still struggling to reach their goals.
For way too many, they don’t feel like they have a fair shot at achieving their American Dream. It seems like the system is rigged against them. The challenges leaders in Washington are supposed to help solve are only more entrenched. The American Dream is becoming further and further out of reach. Americans are looking for new leadership committed to solving these problems. Voters have sent a clear message in the past three elections that leaders in both parties are not meeting expectations. Our national debt now stands at more than $31 trillion, including almost $8 trillion in new debt that was added under the previous Administration.
Americans for Prosperity is committed to changing the trajectory of our country toward one guided by core American principles that will help reignite the American Dream and unleash prosperity for all. To do that, we need leaders who will turn the page on today’s broken politics and fulfill America’s promise by focusing on the issues that matter most. At AFP, our focus will be on seven distinct policy areas at the federal and state levels that empower people:
- Creating an economy of abundance where every American – regardless of their background – has the opportunity to succeed and thrive.
- Ending Washington’s wasteful spending and being honest about the need to reform the biggest drivers of our debt so we don’t bankrupt our children’s future.
- Putting education in the hands of parents and students by empowering and trusting families to make the decisions that best meet their unique needs.
- Providing a Personal Option in health care to improve quality, lower costs, and ensure decisions are made by doctors and patients – not politicians or insurance company middlemen.
- Securing our borders and fixing our broken immigration system.
- Keeping communities safe by funding our police departments and focusing criminal justice resources where they matter most – preventing and prosecuting violent crime.
- Standing up to defend America’s 1st Amendment and reject cancel culture so Americans are free to speak their minds and government cannot silence its citizens.
These efforts will show what’s possible when people are empowered with the freedom and opportunity to pursue their American Dream and reach their full potential. To learn more and connect with a member of our PA chapter of AFP, email us at [email protected]. We have policy and political tactics trainings happening across the state. We have social events connecting like-minded Pennsylvanians in communities from Hazleton to Emmaus to Hanover to Erie. We have citizen contact phone banks and canvassing happening daily that you can contribute to in order to reach the number of Pennsylvanians necessary to turn the page on the Biden Administration and chart a new course of abundance for America. There’s an avenue of connection that will suit your unique interests and we can’t wait to get to know you and have you join an unparalleled grassroots effort that will reignite the American Dream! I’m Ashley Klingensmith, State Director with Americans for Prosperity-PA. You can connect with us on Facebook by searching @PAAFP and can follow us on Twitter by searching @AFPPennsylvania.
Ashley S. Klingensmith | State Director | Americans for Prosperity – PA
m: 412.915.1551 | e: [email protected] | @AFPPennsylvania